DocNet, the club for doctoral students at HSG, was established by a group of doctoral students of different research departments. DocNet is the first and only student network for doctoral students, Ph.D.s and postdoctoral scholars at the University of St.Gallen. Since its founding in spring of 2001, DocNet became the largest club at the university with now over 800 members. At the same time it is the largest doctoral club of its kind in the German-speaking region. Our network comprises doctoral students, Ph.D.s and postdoctoral scholars with different academic backgrounds (e.g. economists, legal scholars, engineers, computer scientists etc.) and various nationalities. Members are either current research assistants, external Ph.D. students or doctoral alumni.
Our organization strives to
- establish and develop a networking platform for doctoral students, Ph.D.s, postdoctoral scholars and Ph.D. alumni at the University of St. Gallen,
- promote personal contacts among members with cultural and social activities,
- intensify interdisciplinary knowledge transfer by
- offering lectures with academics and practitioners from various backgrounds,
- organizing the annually DocNet Management Symposium and
- maintaining close ties with business practice.